Full course description
This 10 hour professional development course aligns with ESSER Funding uses and supports educators in planning and executing effective instruction based on student data and years of research.
Who Should Enroll:
Educators of students in Kindergarten through Grade 12, who want to learn how to leverage Quantile® measures and the tools on the Lexile® & Quantile® Hub to enhance student learning in mathematics. The Lexile & Quantile Hub is a convenient online platform that provides educators with easy access to more than a dozen reading and math tools and thousands of free resources to enhance student learning and accelerate growth.
The Quantile Certification Course is a self-paced, asynchronous professional development course on the Quantile® Framework for Mathematics. It provides in-depth information about the Quantile Framework for Mathematics, ranging from essential knowledge about Quantile measures, the research that supports the Quantile Framework for Mathematics, and specific applications in the classroom to improve student learning and to prepare students for college and career readiness.
Participants in the Quantile Certification Course will:
- Lead the way in delivering data-driven instruction using Quantile measures as a Certified Quantile Educator.
- Leverage the award-winning tools on the Lexile & Quantile Hub to complete performance tasks that are aligned with real-life scenarios for immediate implementation.
- Collaborate with a professional learning community of educators to create classroom support materials and improve instructional planning with additional resources.
- Develop strategies to communicate effectively with parents and peers on the significance of Quantile measures and best practices for classroom instruction.
What you'll learn:
Learn how to use Quantile measures and the Quantile Framework for Mathematics to inform classroom instruction and put the Lexile & Quantile Hub tools to work. The course is divided into four distinct modules:
- Module 1: Understanding the Quantile Framework for Mathematics
This module teaches foundational knowledge of the Quantile Framework for Mathematics and introduces the tools on the Lexile and Quantile Hub.
- Module 2: Using Quantile Measures and Tools in the Classroom
This module guides educators through the process of using Quantile measures and the tools on the Lexile & Quantile Hub to create instructional groups and differentiate instruction.
- Module 3: The Lexile and Quantile Growth Planners and Career Database
This module helps educators develop an understanding of how the Growth Planner can be used to estimate a student's growth path and how the entry-level reading and mathematics demands of careers are measured.
- Module 4: Quantile Extensions, Advanced Classroom Applications and Communications
This module provides skills for communicating the knowledge gained in the course with parents and peers.
A Premium Lexile & Quantile Hub membership is required to complete this course. All course registrants automatically receive 90 days of complimentary Premium access. Visit the Lexile & Quantile Hub to register for a Hub account using the same email address that you will use for this course.
The Quantile Certification Course can be used to satisfy Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or professional development hours (or their equivalent) in many states. Click on your state to view requirements.
*Please inquire with your school and/or district for any pre-approval requirements.
© 2021 MetaMetrics Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No refund policy. This purchase is NON-REFUNDABLE. All sales are final. By clicking the Enroll button above to complete your purchase, you acknowledge and accept that you are agreeing to pay $99 for this content, and that no refunds will be provided under any circumstances. Once you complete the purchase you will be charged regardless of whether you access or download the Digital Content. Governing Law: This Transaction and the rights, obligations and relations of the parties under this Transaction shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of North Carolina regardless of its place of performance and without regard to any conflict of law provisions.